This course explores the history, significance, organization, documents, implications, norms, and public policies associated with the contemporary movement to recognize and enforce legal and moral standards of international human rights.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

We have arrived

Well a lot has happened since we first took off in Chicago heading to our destination as a class of diverse law school students. I'm going to keep this, my first post, brief as we have barely begun our journey. Looking at the caption of our main picture on this site I find that it is a perfect description. We are an extremely diverse group of students and I could not be more proud to share this experience with everyone. I know that I would never fully appreciate the nebulous concept of Human Rights without the individuals who made this journey into Israel.

I find that because of our many different backgrounds and our shared interests in the law and IHR we are building an unforgettable experience and creating an opportunity for significant personal and professional growth. So many of us have bonded and formed new friendships through the long flights, the bus rides and meals, and our classroom experiences. I just wanted to share how glad I am to be here with the people I traveled with to Israel.

We're having fun, learnign a lot, and staying safe.

No comments: